YOUR FAMILY DENTIST IN CHANDLER DISCUSSES THE LINK BETWEEN SEASONAL ALLERGIES AND ORAL HEALTH
Do you wake up with a scratchy throat or swollen eyes? Do you feel lazy and are in no mood to get out of your bed? You don’t feel fresh after waking up in the morning? These are all terrible signs of seasonal allergies. However, these allergies don’t just make you feel lazy and dull, but also affect your oral health, says the dentist in Chandler.
You must see the dentist in Chandler for a regular checkup and cleaning while your body is fighting allergy. Seeing the dentist becomes more important than ever.
How Can Seasonal Allergies Affect Your Oral Health?
The common symptoms of seasonal allergies such as sinus pressure, dry mouth, and sore throat can lead to oral health issues.
- Sinus pressure reflects that your body is fighting against pollen and dust in the air. The hollow spaces in your head get filled with mucus, which causes discomfort and leads to pain. When pressure is placed on the sinuses that are located above your mouth, it can push down on the roots of your molars and lead to sensitivity, says dentist in Chandler, AZ.
- Dry mouth can be caused by various factors during the allergy season. If the nose is stuffed, you will be left with no other option, but to breath from mouth, which leads to dry mouth. This makes your mouth vulnerable to decay and cavity. Due to lack of saliva, the bacteria and food particles won’t get rinsed away.
How To Protect Your Oral Health During Allergy Season?
According to the dentist in 85224, controlling the symptoms not only offers relief, but also helps in warding off their effect on oral health.
- You must drink a lot of water and keep yourself hydrated to fight against the dry mouth and help the body in flushing out mucus.
- You must gargle with salt water to get the mucus out of your sinuses and in cutting down on harmful bacteria in your mouth and throat.
- You must take the allergy medicine and help control your symptoms and get some relief.